Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Rock And Roll Moment

Today was a 60's activity day at the nursing home.  The room was crowded with residence and their families.  I usually can't get mom to go to musical activities.... but today she did.  They passed out root beer floats and that was a hit.

Then when the music and  dancing began...she started to clap.  I was thrilled.

The girl on the left is Nellie the activity director.  She is amazing.  The 2 girls on her right are her sisters.  They work at the home too.  The girl on the far right was the main dancer.


She was a lot of fun.  Then she invited me to come up and dance....you know what I did!!

I had a great time dancing with one of the sweet residents to Roy Orbinson's "Pretty Women".

Hey guys I will find any excuse to dance.  I remember dancing while vacuming the house with 5 little kids dancing behind me.

This little gal was dancing while singing ''Shake It Up Baby".

After it was all over we went back to mom's room where it was all decked out for Easter. 

Karri this is a great sign you gave grandma.  We put it up to remind all the workers....what really matters!

Heather got this cute saying  for mom....don't you just love it!

                              Pretty pink flowers and of course a picture of the Savior.
We filled many eggs with chocolates and I noticed today most were gone.  Mom loves chocolates.

I took some snaps of the activity room.  Nellie does a great job.  Gosh if I would have remembered it was a 60's event.... I would have worn my poodle skirt and my letter sweater.

Don't laugh guys these were the records I grew up with!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great day! I'm so glad Grandma had a little fun. It's great you have decorated her room for Easter. Little things like that make you feel happy!

    ReplyDelete