Monday, January 31, 2011

What A Great Day!

I was with Heather and Pete all day. Bill had to go to Wallaceburg, so the three of us went to see mom. We woke her up and Heather gave her a very large delicious chocolate ginger cookie from Germany. She ate it so fast I could hardly believe it. She just loved it. Then she drank 2 1/2 glasses of lemonade. She did say some words so that was encouraging to us.

Then back to Heather's where we enjoyed a fun visit. Heather made a beautiful stuffed turkey breast with fresh green beans garnished with garlic, lemon peel and almonds. We also enjoyed whipped mashed potatoes with horse radish added for flavour. I felt like I had dined at a very fancy restaurant. It was so delicious. Amazingly I am rapidly getting a real interest in cooking. I'm especially having fun making healthy soups. All and All it was a lovely day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Pat...it was a fun day for me too...So glad you enjoyed dinner. AND I'm thrilled with your interest in cooking...gives us one more thing to enjoy together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day! And to top it all off, you blogged about it! If that's on the menu again tonight, I'll be over. Aunt Heather, we need recipes...! :)

    ReplyDelete