Thursday, May 5, 2011

First Ride Of The Season Was Longer Then I Planned

It's the only beautiful sunshiny day  we've had for weeks,  so I thought I 'd take Miss Blue on her first ride of the season.  Only one problem both tires were flat, so I walked her down to the corner gas station to get air. It of course now costs a toonie and I came without change.  Brilliant on my part.....so I went in to  the gas station attendant and borrowed a toonie.. I was having difficulty getting air into the front tire so he kindly came out and filled that tire and was having trouble filling the back tire when we ran out of air time.  He said wait until I have no customers and I'll fill it with the pump in my car.  So he did. Great to know there are still lots of kind folks out there anxious to help.  I thanked him profusely and got his name and then told him I'd ride right home and return with the borrowed change. I rode  home and  back to the store and then returned home  for the second time.
I then toured the whole neighbourhood on my bike.  . So I got lots more exercise then I bargained for. 

It really is a beautiful bike and I sure enjoy riding.
You're getting a repeat performance  and I'm not quite sure what I did.

It was a great day in the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Hey...great thing to do today...I've always hated bike seats so I don't miss biking at all....but I sure miss speed walking....Glad you were getting out there...To bad its going to rain for the next 4 days....I hope the weather man is wrong!

    ReplyDelete