Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Wonderful Surprise

Today at 6:30pm I received a call from a dear friend I haven't talked to for 50 years.  His name is Elder Rust and he baptized me on Jan. 6 1963.  How neat it was to talk with this voice from the past.  He said" Happy Mother's Day do you know who this is?"  I said give me a minute....I knew it sounded so familar, but I couldn't put a name to it.  When he said Elder Rust I about fell off the phone.  He's married and has five grown up children.  He now lives in Utah about 3 hours south of Provo.  I told him I try to go to BYU Education week in Aug with friends.  So he said give me a heads up and we will try to meet you when you come.  It's tough to say thankyou to someone who changed my entire life.  Thank goodness to faithful missionaries for sacraficing 2 years  to share the gospel....they will always remain a treasure in my life as they gave me the greatest gift ever.  I feel very blessed.

3 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! What a good surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Trisha...did you give him my number??? Id love to talk with him too...He baptized me too....or did you get his number???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat...how exciting is that!!! That is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete