Tuesday, May 3, 2011

An Update On The Hills

I'm getting really excited about our trip out to Alberta on May 11th.  It will be so great to see every one.  Parker just got back from Italy where he met Carmen my best friend.  She went to one of the places he was performing . It was about 1 hour from Pisa.  She took the train there so she could hear the choir  and then got to meet Parker.  She was thrilled to meet him.  She brought him chocolates and gave him lots of hugs.  Then she wrote me for his email address.  She of course never married and so my grandkids are hers as well.   I 'm very excited to hear all about his adventures and learn more about his visit with Carmen.

Every month Bill goes to lunch with his Chrysler retired friends.  They are great buddies and they enjoy wonderful visits together.  They went out together a week ago today at their usual spot in Windsor.  That night Bill came home and in the middle of the night he was so sick.  I don't know if it was food poisoning but I have never seen him so sick.  In fact today a week later he's still suffering with bad headaches and eye infections....aching all over.  Yesterday being the day to cast our votes he said I won't be going I feel terrible.  Honestly ....you know he 's sick when he doesn't want to vote.  So I called the doctor while he went back to sleep and made an appointment for 11am.  In the mean time I went to vote.  I asked them  if I could vote for him by proxy as he was so ill.  They told me if I could get him to the parking lot they would close the poll and come to the car where he could vote.  So I came back and got him and told him we can just go to the parking lot where you can vote.  When we got there he dragged himself up the stairs and did his civic duty.  Then he got back in the car and we headed to Dr. Kelton's.  We just got down the road and he tossed his cookies.  So its been quite a week . He still is feeling pretty rough but he said he has alittle relief tonight.   So I'm playing doctor......and it's getting close to the 11th and we need to get him back to good health for our trip.  Last night Heather called me  to come get some delicious beef broth to try to settle his stomach.  I put in some other vegetables and he kept it down. He said it tasted good.  I forgot to mention that when I went to visit mom yesterday they let me vote for her by proxy.  So we really did  our duty yesterday. 

I continue to garden and I'm loving it.  My onions are going wild and the broccoli just came up 3 days ago. We will transplant these plants outside on our deck in the rectangular flower boxes before we go.

Nathan and Clara planted onions the same day I did, so hopefully theirs are growing well.      I gave Jesse a little onion plant as he was excited to get in on this project too.

I don't know if we over watered the spinach ...but they aren't doing as well as the others.

These are the new shoots of broccoli.  I feel like their mother...it is pure excitment!!

1 comment:

  1. You look great, Pat! I'm sorry to hear about how sick Bill has been. Hope he is feeling better soon! Our kids' onions are growing wonderfully on the kitchen window sill. Not sure how long they will last in those cups though! They love watching them everyday.

    ReplyDelete