Thursday, March 31, 2011

Home Schooling is Awesome

I'm the one learning at home and  loving it.  I always wanted to start an indoor garden and now we have one.  This is a close up of our 7 spinach shoots.  Bill is a great mentor as he's a terrific gardner.

We also planted yellow beans in a second pot but I think they got way too much water.  None have come through the soil.

Here at a distance you can see a few more shoots of spinach.  We had squash last night for dinner so now I am drying the seed in the front room in full sunlight to get them ready to plant inside.

The dollar store has absolutely everything...so we got a watering can with more holes so it should be more gentle on our tender plants.

I'm also reading like crazy to find healthy foods to improve our health .  This is a waffle made from quinoa flour.  It is suppose to be the best flour for high nutrients and easy digestion.  It didn't taste that great but it is wonderful in soups like crotons.   I'm still full.  It helps get rid of yeast and bloating and gives us firm tummys.


I have a fun book about decorating ideas for your home.  After drying your fresh flowers it teaches you how to decorate your candle holders.

I am also improving my geography skills.  (They have been wanting for years.)  I now know where places are in the Middle East.  I just finished studing where all the states are located in the US.  Now I'm working on the 40 countries in Europe. 

See what you have time for when you are an empty nester....it's absolutely wonderful.  Also last night I went to Leamington church library to work with Norma on family history.  She is great.


3 comments:

  1. Wow...good for you....can't wait to hear about some of your new recipes...I have a few of my own that involve fish.....Life is good isn't it...me

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Sounds like you have been very busy! I started cooking quinoa a couple of months ago and we love it!! I've never used quinoa flour, just the grains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A true advocate for life long learning! Thanks for sharing. Keep growing-your garden...and your mind :)

    ReplyDelete